Dasapushpam oil it’s a Sanskrit name which means Ten Flowers or herbs. It means this oil is a mixture of 10 Ayurveda herbs according to Kerala tradition.
Being a parent we are always on our toes, because once a parent always is a parent. As this is a never ending journey. But yes, this journey has different phases and many of them are quite enjoyable. And one of those phases is being a parent of an infant. I am currently going through that phase as my Baby Girl has recently turned 2. And during the period of 2 years I learnt the benefits of Massage to my baby.
One of my friends recently introduced me with Dasapushpam Oil. During earlier days when my baby was few months old I preferred massaging her every day. Massage is a perfect way to show your love and affection to your baby, at this tender age your baby can only understand the language of touch and what could be better than a gentle massage everyday on your baby’s body to express your affection. And it even helps in building your babies bones stronger. Currently there are many Baby Oil Brands available in the market and everyone claims to be better than the other, however none of them claims to be chemical free.
During my Baby’s initial days of massaging I preferred natural Almond Oil (Badam Oil), it was non branded. Digging out oil from badams (almond) that procedure does take loads of time and effort. And because of our busy schedules it’s really not practical to get it made every time. But the day I bought Dasapushpam Oil from Natures Veda and opened their bottle I can sense the difference, it smelled so pure. And baby oil is something which will not only help in moisturising your baby’s skin it will even help in inner and outer growth of your baby. That’s why it’s recommended to massage your baby every day.
Benefits of Dasapushpam Oil:-
- Dasapushpam oil as the name suggests it contains the essentials of 10 flowers that help in healing your skin.
- It’s pure, with no artificial colours added to it.
- It’s Green in colour because of all the added herbs in it.
- It doesn’t have any artificial or strong fragrance, the moment you will open the bottle you can easily sense the difference between a natural product and a chemical made product.
- Dasapushpam oil comes in a great packaging it has a flip cap inside so that the oil will not leak from the bottle, especially when you are travelling.
- Dasapushpam oil is really light and non-greasy, that means it will get absorbed in your baby’s body quite easily without making your little one feel sticky.
- This oil is free from any sort of chemicals or preservatives.
- This oil is not only for baby even mommies you can also use it.
- Dasapushpam oil helps in optimising the peripheral circulation which stimulates both the motor and sensory nerve ending.
- It also helps in removing dead skin.
What age should you start and stop massaging your Baby?
It is been said that one should start their baby massage between 10- 15 days of their baby’s birth as that’s the expected period by when the umbilical stump gets dry and fall off. And there is no age limit to stop massaging your baby. As massage is something as long as you can give it to your baby it is always beneficial for him/her. You just need to check how it fits your and your baby’s routine, but try to give it regularly for at least a year or two then you can switch it from regularly to twice or thrice in week till your baby turns 5 or 6.
Benefits of Baby Massage:-
- It helps in developing your bay strong mentally & physically.
- It helps in getting your baby sound sleep.
- It is even said that if you regularly massage your baby it helps in building a strong immune system.
- Massage helps in gaining weight
- It helps in improving your baby’s digestive system.
Which Massage oil is Good for your Baby?
Before applying any massage oil over you baby make sure to dab a small amount of it on your baby’s hand first to see if it is compatible with her skin, if it develops any rash then avoid using that oil.
- Almond Oil is loaded with vitamin E, but it’s really hard to find the pure almond oil if you can manage to get the pure one then go for it.
- Coconut Oil is best for summers and humid weather conditions. It contains anti-oxidants which are great for your baby’s skin.
- Dasapushpam Oil it’s loaded with all the essential properties required for baby’s massaging oil and the best part it’s pure and free from any sort of chemicals or preservatives.
- Mustard Oil is best massaging oil especially during winters because of its warming effect, but people don’t like applying it just because of its pungent smell.
Now as you know the benefits of Massage and which massage oil is good for your baby so when are your massaging your baby next??
Hope my tips will help you in building a great relationship with your baby.
Happy Baby Massaging!!