It’s extremely important to maintain personal and intimate hygiene not just to stay clean and feel fresh, but to prevent yourself from infections, bad odour, irritation, itching and other health hazards.
It will be good if you can avoid perfumed soaps, gels or body washes as these products PH level can cause irritation or itching in your vaginal area. So the question arises which Intimate Hygiene wash is to be used and how.
These days everyone wants to be in a Rat Race so there are plenty of products available in the market and everyone claiming to be the best or better than the other. So in my suggestion the easiest way to choose one product and stick to it or try few products and then select one out of them.
Here comes another question why do you even need an Intimate Hygiene wash?
We all know vaginal health is very important and vaginal odour is sometimes embarrassing, even after taking bath there are times when you find that there is no difference. Then, it is probably the time you should get an Intimate Wash.
I had recently tried 3 products recently and following is my personal verdict for all of them:-
1) Everteen Natural Intimate Wash– The best part about this product is, it contains all natural ingredients and it’s scientifically designed to promote body’s natural vaginal balance and maintain complete vaginal hygiene.
- It helped me in preventing unpleasant odour, itching, irritation and any vaginal infection.
- It even helped in maintaining vaginal hygiene, vaginal moisture and everyday freshness.
- It even helps in protecting Natural pH Balance and vaginal flora.
- It’s extra mild for all skin types. Its soap, SLS & SLES free.
pH is a measurement of how acidic or alkaline a substance is. The pH’s scale runs from 0 to 14. A pH of less than 7 is considered acidic, and a pH of more than 7 is basic. And normal vaginal pH level varies at different stage of life.
Directions to use – Wash your hands and wet external vaginal area. Pour enough quantity of ever-teen on to palm and apply on external vaginal area. Rinse thoroughly.
Use this twice daily preferably during morning shower and night before sleep.
Suggested Read- leak-proof-nursing-bras-true-blessings-for-new-moms
- Himalaya Intimate Wash for Moms– The best part I loved about this product is it’s mentioned very clearly over the product that it’s for Moms which simply means it’s all natural & mild. And this product can be used during and after pregnancy to gently cleanse the intimate area. I have been using this product since 4-5 months now and I am totally satisfied as it helps in keeping the freshness throughout the day. It has a floral fragrance which is very mild and super nice. It didn’t even cause me any dryness or any irritation.
Himalaya Intimate wash is enriched with Tea Tree oil that helps relieve itching & irritation. It even has Pongamia Oil that helps prevent odour due to its anti fungal property. And Lactic acid with a pH range of 3.5 to 4.5 which help in restoring normal vaginal pH.
Directions to use – Apply Himalaya Intimate Wash gently on the external vaginal area from front to back.
Rinse with water thoroughly. Recommended to be used twice a day or as directed by your gynecologist.
Himalaya Intimate wash is easily available in local market or you can even buy it online through Nykaa or Amazon. Price- Rs. 65 for 50ml.
- Himalaya Intimate Wipes for Moms– I totally loved the innovation of Himalaya for launching a product like this. There are times when taking a bath may not be possible for an intimate wash, that’s where you can use a product like this. It’s quite handy and can be used throughout the day whenever you feel a need of it J. It has Lavender Oil for floral fragrance which helps eliminate odour. And again Pongamia oil which helps reduce irritation, itching and dryness.
Himalaya Intimate wipes are easily available in local market or you can even buy it online through Nykaa or Amazon. Price- Rs.50 for 10 wipes.
Directions to use– Pull out one wipe and gently cleanse the external intimate area front to back. Dispose the wipe after one use. Make sure to reseal the package properly to keep the rest of the wipes fresh. Recommended to be used twice a day or as suggested by your gynecologist.
Hope you all get benefited with my recent reviews on Intimate Washes. If there is something you want to share with me or want me to share something more, then please feel free to comment below or you can even mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org