What do you understand by Digital Detox?
Digital detox means a period during which a person refrains from using digital devices like smartphones, laptops, and computers. These days as we all are living in concrete jungles, where most of our time get killed or utilized by these devices. Travelling/vacations is something which always helps in releasing stress.
We all crave peace. We all crave a break from this hectic life schedule, where all what matters is “Work”.
Who doesn’t need a weekend escape to mountains, where one can relax, have fun, and disconnect oneself, from the busy schedule.
We seriously need some “Me Time”.
Our Digital world has toxified our lives, no doubt being digital is a boon, but it’s a Bain as well.
The social media, internet, keeps us so engaged in the mobile phones, laptop, computer. Even when we’re not working, we’re busy in thinking about the social media happenings and somehow the gadgets attracts us to use them, we engage ourselves with the gadgets and forget to spend our personal time with ourselves or even with our families.
Why are we becoming slaves of these gadgets, we are actually forgetting that we are the ones who created them however it looks like they are creating our lives now. Think about it!!
In the month of April, just to make myself free from all these thoughts, I came up with a unique trip called Digital Detox trip as the name suggests, this trip helped me to get away from the busy and monotonous life of this digital gadgets world and escape to mountains of Uttrakhand for some peace, and detoxification.
Still not clear about the digital detoxification? Here are some points that will tell you more about what digital detox means and why do you need it:
1. What is Digital detox?
Digital detox is about escaping from digital world, refraining from electronic gadgets like laptops, smart phones for reducing stress, and encourages social interaction in the Physical/Real world.
2. Why do you need Digital Detox?
We all have packed our lifestyle completely, even when we are not working we are stick to our smartphones checking our social media and digitally interacting with virtual world, or the people whom we don’t know, or haven’t even met once. I know social media and electronic gadgets play a very important role in our lives, and being a blogger, it is a major part of my life. I don’t think I could even survive without the electronic gadgets and social media, that’s why digital detoxification is the need of the time. We need Digital detoxification to come out of the virtual world created by the digital Life, and the gadgets. We need to socialize with people in the real world, and build the real connection with people and oneself.
3. How does the “Digital Detox” Trip helps in detoxifying us?
Let me here talk about the trip I went for, The Digital Detox Trip which was organised and managed by the team of Transforming Travels. They took us to the 100 years old Homestay or a Pahadi house.
It was 100 acre estate had its own organic farms, where yes we did farming as well.
The moment we entered inside the huge bungalow, we were asked to avoid contacts with any electronic gadgets. Our phones were switched off and were allowed to be switched on and asked to be collected from the organizer only in case of an emergency.
Following are the highlights of the Digital Detox trip by Transforming Travels:-
- Bungalow: We stayed in a bungalow which was spacious, Elegant with lots of positive energy and made by the Kumauni architects. We were provided with separate rooms.
There were 3 washrooms in total although they were not attached with the bedrooms, but they were not even too far from our rooms.
Along with the bedrooms, there was the attached dining area, which was equally accessible by all the rooms.
- Organic Farming: We all know about the chemical injected and wax coated fruits and veggies these days. Here you’ll learn about the organic fruits and vegetables, and how to identify them also how to grow them. Along with that you will get a chance to have delicious home made food with fresh vegetables from their farms.
- A walk through the Nature: You’ll get to see the nature, experience the peace by walking through the mountains of Uttrakhand. The very next day there was trek, lot of the members from the group went for that except for the few ones including us. We actually dropped the idea for trek because we were along with our baby. And it was drizzling that morning, so the trek gets slippery and risky especially if you are travelling with a baby. But later we realized what we missed, after seeing the pictures of our group members 🙁
- Village walk: You’ll will get a chance to walk through the villages of Uttrakhand and experience the lifestyle of local villagers of Uttrakhand.
- Fun trekking: No mountain trip is complete without trekking. You’ll also experience the amazing trekking at the hills of Uttrakhand.
- Friends for Life: Group tours like these help you in making some friends for life. And specials thanks for this goes to Chandni Aggarwal (Owner of Transforming Travels) who leaves no stone upturned to make everyone enjoy and be comfortable in the group.
- Memories: Last but not the least you will definitely be collecting some unfathomable memories for sure, memories of the breath taking view points, memories of the edgy trails, memories of the bonfire chit chats, memories of the bar and many more which are still residing in my head.
How much does this trip cost?
This trip will cost you INR 6500/per person.
How many days?
It’s just 2 Days trip, so perfect for WEEKEND GETAWAYS.
Essential Items to be carried for this Digital Detox Trip:-
• Umbrella- As weather there is quite uncertain and it can rain anytime.
• Sports Shoes- They are must, don’t forget to keep them.
• Pair of Warm clothes or a jacket or a shrug
• Water Bottle
You can also visit Transforming Travels website to have more information about their current and upcoming trips.
So when are you going for this Digital Detox experience?