“I’m Pregnant” is such good news for anyone who is MARRIED 😉 and its even fun too. As this is the time when you have to treat and pamper yourself. But STRETCH MARKS this doesn’t sound fun to anyone at all.
There is no one in this world who doesn’t love to look good. We all want to look good but for that we have to work on our flaws continuously. And there is no shame in accepting our flaws as no one out of us has a perfect body.
Being a woman we are fortunate to take our generation forward by giving birth. But that doesn’t mean that you should stop taking care of your body when you are pregnant.
Pregnancy is a time when your body is going through so many changes and it’s in working mode every time. So you definitely need some Me-Time. You should be getting your Spas, Pedicures & Manicures done on time. You should be following proper bed-time schedules.
But yes there are certain things you can’t take care off and that is “Stretch Marks” I would preferably call it “Tiger Stripes” as it’s a proof of our courage and we have earned it.
So first of all, one should not feel insecure about your body, neither at the time of Pregnancy nor during post-partum. There are tons of methods/ways to get rid of your stretch marks. But here I will only be sharing the products/methods I personally used and those worked well on me.
But first let’s talk about, what all areas you get or can get stretch marks. We usually get stretch marks on stomach, thighs, or hips. The tendency of stretch marks depends upon your genetics, that how quickly you gain weight. So if in case you have a tendency to gain weight then it is recommended to start using the following products/methods from your second trimester. As stretch marks basically caused by the stretching of skin and during pregnancy you start gaining weight from second trimester onward.
Before I start with products/methods let me tell you very frankly that complete prevention is never a guarantee in terms of Stretch Marks. You can try some home-made products too if in case your mom or mom in law can suggest some or you can also try some of the products prescribed by your Gynecologist.
So let’s get started with what all I did to get rid of Stretch Marks:-
- During pregnancy and during Post-Partum, I always tried to keep my skin as healthy and hydrated as possible by drinking water or coconut water
- And keeping the stretch marks prone areas well-moisturized and well-nourished. And for this you can use Coconut Oil/Olive Oil along with Vitamin E oil
- or you can even use BIO OIL as it helps in keeping the collagen fibers strong and works towards maximizing the skin elasticity, thereby reducing the possibility of stretch marks.
- Bio Oil itself is a great product and I will suggest at least keeping one with you all the time. As it helps not only in getting rid of your stretch marks but also can be used in multiple ways like-
- It can be used as an effective makeup remover, and does help in removing your stubborn mascara.
- It can be used as cuticle oil.
- It can be used as foot oil, helps to heal cracked feet.
- It really works as a magic on your burn marks.
- If you have an uneven skin tone, I would recommend using it daily. But yes in case you have an oily skin tone then you can use it with a cotton ball and dab it on the necessary portions only rather than applying it all over your face.
- And if you have a combination skin tone, then apply it cleverly by massaging it only to the driest areas like the T-Zone.
- During winters you can use it as a Bathing oil too, just pour few drops generously and enjoy the Baby Soft Skin 🙂
Try to get the natural Coconut oil instead of the ones which are readily available in the market.
Apply good amount of above mentioned mixture twice a day, once after bathing in the morning as bath can help in the removal of the top layer of skin. And once during night (bed-time) as this is the time when we shed skin cells.
Pour the above mixture into your hand and gently rub it to your bump, your thighs, and hips. Massage it gently. Massage it for at least good 10-15 minutes daily to get some final results.
Beside the above mentioned mixture you can even use Revitol Stretch Mark Cream; I am sure many of you must have heard about this cream as it is quite a renowned skincare product. I personally found it quite effective in terms of reducing the appearance of my stretch marks.
Basically choosing a right product for getting rid of your stretch marks is like finding a needle in a haystack. The irony is that there are many brands who sell stretch marks cream which are not only ineffective they are even unsafe and can cause side effects like skin irritation.
I know how difficult it gets to stick to a particular product and expect the results immediately. Things don’t work like this. Getting rid of stretch marks is not that easy but yes it is not impossible. During my pregnancy and Post-Partum period I came across to multiple series of products but out of them I found these two (Bio Oil & Revitol Stretch Mark Cream) worth of my time and money. That’s why I am naming them here in my post.
Ladies if you find this post worth of your time or in case you have any related queries please do share them below in the comments section.